Why is an armless Meat boy in this game? Copyright infringement confirmed, edmund needs to know about this.
Stellar Stars - The Star of Records
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Stellar Stars is the 1st Ever Multiplayer Online Rogue-lite Arena (MORA) that passionately cooks the best of Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas (MOBAs) and Rogue-lites together, empowering you with the ability to level up in direct and interactive ways, while fighting other players in a sci-fi & fantasy 8-bit world with procedurally generated stages.
What? You woke up one day and you are now a pixel art character? Search for the legendary Star of Records to find out what happened!
Stellar Stars is the 1st ever Multiplayer Online Rogue-lite Arena (MORA) with key features such as:
- Challenge and grab trophies by fighting against other players in the multiplayer leagues!
- Leap higher! Sprint faster! Decide and choose from the many fun ways to progress your character when you level up!
- Play as different characters and unlock new characters as you progress through the game!
- Explore various procedurally generated stages filled with unique enemies and overpowered bosses in the story mode!
- Experience the best gameplay with an Xbox One Controller!
Get the game now in its alpha version and receive all future updates for free! You will also receive a free Steam key when the game gets greenlit! New content is constantly being added to Stellar Stars! And that includes:
- New playable characters
- New worlds, stages, enemies and bosses
- New character growths and spells
- Multiplayer co-op / versus mode
Stellar Stars is still in development so all visuals and gameplay aspects that you see here is subject to change. The game's blog is also updated regularly every Tuesday and Friday at http://www.whitesponge.com/blog!
CONTENT UPDATE #140 (20th August 2016):
v0.140 Alpha has arrived! This new version brings to Stellar Stars:
- Get into action right away with the new Quick Matches! Search for a match to fight against 3 other players without creating a custom room!
- Prepare for the match in the newly revamped multiplayer game room!
- Create and save character builds (5 max) easily with the new Build button in multiplayer game rooms!
- See how you fared in the match with the new post match statistics board!
- Come back to life in the new flaming hot re-spawn animation in multiplayer matches!
- Jump with more juices with the new and improved jumping animation!- Immerse in the new gameplay experience with the newly composed sound tracks by the talented Bibiki!
- Enjoy the newly added sound effects throughout the entire game!
- Try out the local versus mode with your friend (experimental/buggy/try at your own risk! Only works with 2 XBox One controllers)!
Changes in v0.140 Alpha includes:
- Eating now moves slightly slower as compared to the other characters
- Decreased the minimum requirement number of characters for a room name for creating custom multiplayer game rooms to 3 characters (from 6)
Bug fixes in v0.140 Alpha includes:
- Fixed a bug where the ready button in multiplayer game rooms could not be clicked again in a 2nd consecutive match
- Fixed a bug where the experience (XP) bar was duplicated and displayed on the top of the stage
- Fixed a bug where the victory or defeat animation would not appear in a 2nd consecutive match
- Fixed a bug where there would not be any notification of other players capturing the victory star
- Fixed a bug where exiting a multiplayer game room would show a back button that allows you to log out from the server
- Fixed a bug where you can sometimes jump extremely high in multiplayer matches
- Fixed the bug where you would not start from the Underground Caverns (1st world) in the story mode after starting and then ending a multiplayer match
- Fixed the bug where minions on multiplayer matches would be pushed back a great distance with just basic attacks
- Fixed the bug where the sound effect for when attacks hit minions isn't playing on multiplayer matches
- Fixed the bug where typing the room name for creating a custom multiplayer game room would result in it being displayed twice
- Fixed the bug where error messages for when creating multiplayer game rooms would not go away
- Fixed a bug where the end of match score/statistics board would not show the information/statistics for all players on the match
- Local Versus Multiplayer Mode! Fight against your friends on the spot!
- Ranked Matches!
The development of Stellar Stars is also being live streamed every Monday, Thursday and Saturday (9 PM to 11PM EST) at http://www.twitch.tv/WhiteSponge. This also allows you to voice your feedback and interact on the live stream directly! Hop over to say hi!
|Published||2 years ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||Action-Adventure, Action RPG, Fantasy, Magic, Multiplayer, pixel, Procedural Generation, Retro, Roguelike, Singleplayer|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average duration||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, XBox 360 controllers|
|Player count||1 - 2|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Server-based networked multiplayer|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Hi there epicandy13. Believe it or not, I designed Beat (the name of the character) before I found out about Meat boy. And the only similarities with Meat Boy are the shape (square) and color (red), both of which can't be copyrighted.
Beat's main theme is how he moves to the beat of music (hence the headphones that he is wearing). There is no intention to copy Meat boy nor was there any need to.
Hope that clears things up.
If you know Edmund, he said he like when people "copy" the game he made. This mean people play the games :D
But in this case...I don't think he copy the character. It's just a coincidence! :)